COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus State will be holding cheerleading team tryouts on May 4-6 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in the Delaware Hall gymnasium located at 499 Grove Street. The clinics will run on Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5 while the tryout is Sunday, May 6. Attendance is required at all three sessions.
All those trying out must bring a current valid physical. Announcements of who made the team will be via email within 24 hours following tryouts.
- Continuous enrollment of at least 12 credit hours
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Available for all practices and games through tournaments. Games are typically on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
- Available for two cheer clinics during autumn semester and one clinic during the spring semester.
- Available for practices 3x per week through the summer and 2x per week during the season
- Available to attend camp in the summer (date TBD)
- Available to perform locally at least twice during the season
- Strong arm motions, smile, willingness to learn new things, commitment, good time managements
- Flexibility/tumbling-strong jumps, ability to do cartwheels and round-offs is required; back handspring preferred.
- Dance-ability to keep a good rhythm and beat
- Females: Attire is shorts or spandex, t-shirt, or tank sports bra. Males: Attire is shorts and a loose t-shirt.
- Males should be able to lift at least 125 lbs.
For more information, contact Coach Tina Osborne at email@example.com.